Tank seperaters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clowninround

Aquarium Advice FINatic
:!: Does anyone know of a good place to get tank seperaters for a 150 gallon fish tank? I have a Imperator Angelfish in a 55gallon now (juvenile) and we are looking at a 150 gallon on Sunday, and most likely bringing it home for set up. However I am dead set on a reef aquarium! The lady at the fish store told me I could have a torch coral and he immediatly started munching on it!!! I have grown VERY attached to him and refuse on giving him up. So...I figure I will section off about 50 gallons for reef and leave him 100. Problem is I can't find a seperator big enough!!! I would love to do plexiglass with small holes, but I don't know how to go about this. Any ideas?

Clowinround

Why not move/leave the corals in the 55?

If using a divider I would not suggest the plexi. It might be less "visible" but once you drill the holes in it, it will begin to show up plus the holes would have to be quite large to keep the water flow from breaking up. Eggcrate material should be available in large sheets and can be cut to shape. It might not look pretty at first but after some coralline seeding should be nice and pink after a short time.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom