Tank set up conversion in one day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Electrobes

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everyone, well my friend who is also in the saltwater and reef game decided on a great scheme to sucker me into getting into corals instead of MacroAlgae. He knew I was on the way to the LFS store and when there he pointed out to soft corals that i could raise in my tank. I first started out with this georgeous mushroom (single clove). After being at the shop for a while (had to come back because I wanted to see something else) a friend of his invited us to view his growing 150G reef tank. Though not much was in it yet, I noticed a couple of other cool looking soft corals and asked about them (corals like the pulsating Xenia, and the zooanthads which was actually my friend asking about them). Upon asking about them and congratulating him on a very beautiful single mushroom that he had, he asked if I wanted him to frag the xenia and zoos, especially when he heard that I had a tank empty and ready to grow stuff from my friend. He fragged the mentioned items and said to have fun... I was SO excited. My friend looked at me and said "NOW will you forget your Macro idea and realize you could grow THESE babies instead!?" Well after recieving the frags and getting a frog's spawn as a present (Both so pretty!) I was sold. The beauty that these corals possess is uncanny and I must say I am glad to have come to this side of the saltwater world. As of now my babies have been placed in my tank, one of them did shake loose from his spot but the rest actually started placing themselfs on the rock, and one of the Xenia frags started pulsating!! I am excited and hope I get through the first phase (basically my findign out if the tank's conditions are alright) without a problem. So yeah just wanted to share :D

:mrgreen: :jump: :smilecolros:

Yippie You might be like this now :kiss: :hugs:

But once you get addicted and end up spending tons of money you might be more like :shotgun: (y).

:)

Its always fun to share with others.

Haha nono the one holding the gun will be my fiance! But lucky for me I just got a part time job (included benefits include studying when its slow) and intend on staying with the softies... so far I need actinics, a decent saltwater master kit, and a decent stand!

Oh yeah I am happy to say that my babies are doing alright thus far.. the Xenias were a pain to put them anywhere.. they kept falling off. I was most worried about the fro spawn.. it didn't inflate this morning.. but I just now came back and voila it started expanding (this being after I had moved it to a location with a lil' bit of less current earlier this morning).

Back
Top Bottom