tank takeover!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandarin man

Aquarium Advice Regular
In my 55gal. reef, I have had running perfectly for about a year now. Has all these(i forgot the true name) but they are like little anemones or featherdusters, they are brown and come on some liverock. Atfirst about 3 months ago there was one on the liverock and i thought it was cool looking, but now they have multiplied into TONS!!!!and have became a real nuisence to my tank. they capture the food b4 my fish can get to it and i dont know how to get rid of them. help please sorry i cant post any pics.

sounds like aptisia if thats how to spell it if you can have a peppermint shrimp they eat it like crazy i think copper banded butterflys also eat it and if not thier are chemicals you can buy that you shoot it with but they usualy grow back

If it looks like little anenomes it is probably aptasia. I used a pepermint shrimp to rid my tank of them. Some say that "joes juice" works well. I have also heard of a kalk slurry injected into the base of each one.

If it is featherdusters(tubeworms) your guess is as good as mine

A pic would help to identify it but it does sound like aps. Joes Juice works great and it they are not too big then the peppermint shrimp can help control them. The combination works best. Joes Juice for the big one and peps for the little ones.

Back
Top Bottom