Tank Temp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
80 is perfect 82 is about as high as you should go. I run mine at 81 its been this way for 5 yeasr with no problems. The key is consistency!

I run mine between 80-82. So your ok if you can keep within that range. The natural reef temp average is acutally close to 84F i belive.

My tank is usually in the 80-82 degree range. Every once and a while it creeps up to 83 degrees. What's your setup and what have you done to cool it? Maybe you'll get some more suggestions with some more details. :wink:

Fan Blowing over the sump helps alot.. But mine usually stays between 80-82 yr round without any fans... I have another Tank that stays about 76 without a heater or anything just lights crabs and mantis shrimp..

James

I don't have a sump. That is next. I have a 65 gallon tank with a canister filter and 70 pounds live rock and dsb and two powerheads, skimmer, custom sealife 96 watt X 2 powercompacts and a 96 watt smartlight powercompact. Glass lid on top of the tank. Maybe i should take tht off. I definatley will when i get my canopy built. Also i have a question. If i build a canopy should i leave the power compacts in the custom sea life housing and just use the legs it comes with or should i take them out? I would say leave it in the housing but other people have told me to take them out.

If you dont have anything prone to jump out I'd say take off the glass top now.. I have never had a top on my aquarium.. Not having one helps with Gas Exchange as well as helps cool the tank..

HTH,
James

I agree with James. Ditch the lid if you can. If you have a lot of surface movement at the rear of the tank where the filter return is, you might want to leave a section of the top over that to keep the salt creep off your lights.

Back
Top Bottom