Tank Upgrading and Transfer of Existing DT Rock and Livestock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tlkng1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am in the process, or will be today, of setting up two-28 gallon Nanocubes. Here is the problem. Some of the liverock I want to use in aquascaping the 28s is in my currently running 14 Biocube. The Biocube will be coming down completely once the 28s are up. All the tanks holding the extra liverock have cycled and I believe I have eliminated the Aiptasia on the new rock.

Since I have livestock in the 14: 1 firefish, two peppermint shrimp, assorted CUC, Hammer coral, starburst polyp, zoo polyp and a giant green poyp, should I do a 100% transfer of the entire 14 into one of the 28s for continuity and work from there, swapping out pieces, or will it hurt to take out the larger pieces I need to use first out of the 14, leaving the inhabitants and other smaller pieces of rock I plan to use for "topping" until the 28s are completely ready?

I know the danger is a mini-cycle on the 14 if I remove too much rock at once. Since it is a tank to tank transfer, I don't think there will be any die off from the existing DT liverock.

Back
Top Bottom