Tankmate Advice for my 60 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vwjoe1976

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all,
I have a 60-gal. fish only aquarium and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on 1 more fish that would go well with what I've got. I have a 4" lunare wrasse, 3" picasso trigger, and a 3-4" Auriega Butterfly fish. They all get along well to this point, a little feisty when eating of course, but no one gets hurt. I selected my fish on my own personal taste, their hardiness and size. Any and all suggestions are immensely appreciated. I've had little luck deciding between fish at the local stores. Thanks.
--Joe

IMO, you are maxed out right now. I am pretty sure most of those are large growing fish, some may even need larger than 60g to grow! IMO leave a good thing be until you can upgrade to something much larger...

Agreed. Use the max size of the fish. You're at 19" already. The rule of thumb is 5 gallons per inch I believe. You only got room for 20 inches if thats the case.

Yea, I was kind of thinking that myself. These 3 fish will max out at about 9-11" or so. I do plan on going bigger as they grow, but probably won't add anything more unlesss I get a lot larger tank (125 gal or more). Thanks for your advice.

the "inches per gal" is aguideline, not a rule. Generally, it is one inch of fish (minus the tail) per five gal. of water. Keep in mind that is adult fish size. It is a good guideline but there are a few variables. Dimentions of tank, type of filtration, pounds of LR, substrate, type of fish (community vs. aggressive messy eaters.)

Back
Top Bottom