Tao fixture died after 10 months...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Animal-Chin

Aquarium Advice Addict
Got home today and my whites are dead. Any idea on how to fix this? Luckily I have a set on my nano that isn't full of coral yet so I can move it over....

Got home today and my whites are dead. Any idea on how to fix this? Luckily I have a set on my nano that isn't full of coral yet so I can move it over....

I remember that you and I both got our lights abt the same time my blues went out 3 weeks ago and they want to charge me to replace!

Uh oh, this is not good.....

I have had my fixture for less time than you guys and it is still working, hopefully you guys are isolated incidents.

Isnt there at least a one year warranty on them?

I got mine from duece as well. You contacted him and got no results? Or havent you notified him yet?

I got mine from Amazon and it clearly states a 2 year warranty.

Attachments

• image-2567640558.jpg
    image-2567640558.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 140
You have lost a driver, unfortunately this is the weak link with Chinese fixtures. Easily replaced, but you need somebody to send you the driver or cobble something up using a standard led driver. I am out of them or I would send you one.

The ebay guy is going to replace it if I send the light to him. I think thats fair.

Do you know where I can find these drivers Greg? I'd wrather just fix them myself if its not hard...

The ebay guy is going to replace it if I send the light to him. I think thats fair. Do you know where I can find these drivers Greg? I'd wrather just fix them myself if its not hard...

When I imported them, I made the manufacturer to ship extra drivers and LEDs with each order. Of the 100 panels I imported I had two failures. Both were mine thankfully.

The ebay guy is going to replace it if I send the light to him. I think thats fair.

Do you know where I can find these drivers Greg? I'd wrather just fix them myself if its not hard...

Can't you just open it up and get the part # ?

I also bought from Deuce :)

Can't you just open it up and get the part # ? I also bought from Deuce :)

There generally aren't part numbers. There are only three parts to these fixtures, the led panel, the drivers and the fans. The Chinese drivers come in a small black plastic case. The early ones had three @ 40 watts each. The newer ones have two @ 60 watts each. AC power in, DC voltage out. The driver can be larger than the panel requires, but not smaller.

I see them on e-bay for about $15.
Should be an easy cheap fix for when the time comes (Notice I didn't say if)

Saw your post on the mega lighting thread...This really has me considering BuildMyLED.com, stateside, have a 3 year warranty, and, I'm assuming, are easier to deal with than a random ebay seller (though I'm glad yours came through for you).

Back
Top Bottom