tap water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
depends on your tap water quality.
I tend to recommend R/O+DI water for any marine tank, simply to eliminate the need to worry about source water quality.

Plus some salt mixes don't play well if you have moderately hard tap water.

malkore said:
depends on your tap water quality.
I tend to recommend R/O+DI water for any marine tank, simply to eliminate the need to worry about source water quality.

Plus some salt mixes don't play well if you have moderately hard tap water.

how do I find out about my water quality? can I use freshwater gh, kh ??
I been using tapwater for my saltwater tank I have 4 Pink tip Anemone
but 3 of them died 2 Months ago and one still live and grow big.
and why dosen clown fish play with pink tip?

There is no guarantee that a clown will take to an anemone. Especially if the clowns were tank raised.
You can use your regular water testing kits to check your tap water. But even that won't give you the whole story. You can also take your water to most LFS's for a more thorough testing. But honestly it for want to get into more delicate animals for your system, a RO/DI purifier would be highly recommended. :)

quarryshark said:
There is no guarantee that a clown will take to an anemone. Especially if the clowns were tank raised.
You can use your regular water testing kits to check your tap water. But even that won't give you the whole story. You can also take your water to most LFS's for a more thorough testing. But honestly it for want to get into more delicate animals for your system, a RO/DI purifier would be highly recommended. :)

what is RO OR DI?

Sorry, reverse osmosis and deionized water.
This system removes just about any impurity from your water. I have one mounted in my garage. You can get RO water from many local fish store, yours may have it.
You can also buy them from most of the site sponsors. Not terribly expensive when you compare the benefit of having one. Here is a link to one of them
http://www.aquariumwaterfilters.com/

Back
Top Bottom