temperature 84.4 degrees

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh I see.. its actually The numbers on the heater that are set to 78... I never really checked it in a bucket to see where I should really have the knob set at... That may be my issue then my heater if the thermostat is failing... I will have to verify this

Sounds to me like you're heater is off by at least 6 degrees. turn the knob to around 72 and see where you end up. But in the meantime get another heater cuz if you have a spare anything for you're tank you should always have a spare heater. When it goes and you don't have a backup thats a nightmare wait'n to happen. And yes the alge is grown faster cuz of the temp and maybe cuz the amount of time you have youre lights on. but the heat deffinately ain't help'n.

Ok I so it appears that it was my heater causing the high temperature... I have my heater set to like 70 going by the actual numbers on the knob and it looks like the temp is staying pretty stable at 79...maybe its time for new heater

Get a new one and leave this one as the emergency spare. It works but it's just off a bit.

Yea that's what I am do today...any good heaters recommended? I currently have a200watt ...

Oh and I noticed less evaporation now that my temps are in the ranges of 78-80 rather then mid 80's!

It's just as important in the winter time to keep the temperature up. Some corals that evolved in 80 degree waters don't like temps below 70 degrees.

Another thing is zoomed or whatever now sells fish stuff and they have aquarium fans. Works great unless you have MH lighting.

Back
Top Bottom