Tenticle from nowhere

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

toddwess

Aquarium Advice Freak
I re-arranged my rock tonight to net out a mean damsel (read more in other posts) and got the tank all put back together.

Then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw this thing.

It looks EXACTLY like the leg/arm of a serpant star (which I do not own) and it is coming out of a hole in one of the rocks.

I used to own a serpant star, but it died about a week ago. Could it be one of his stray legs??? Can they live without the body?? It is moving around all on it's own, not just in the current.

Just did not know what it is.

Any ideas?

Todd

May be a peanut worm? I have not seen a leg form a starfish rather a starfish form a new leg?

Judging from the picture, I do not think it is a serpent star...but rather a worm of some sort... Grab it with your fingers and seee if it is hard or soft... :lol:

timbo2 said:
May be a peanut worm? I have not seen a leg form a starfish rather a starfish form a new leg?

Judging from the picture, I do not think it is a serpent star...but rather a worm of some sort... Grab it with your fingers and seee if it is hard or soft... :lol:

It is squishy like an earth-worm.

I have something like that in my live rock as well.. It is not as long but it onlyu comes out at night. And if you shine a light on it it goes back into the rock

From the picture I would agree that it appears to be a worm of some sort. In the morning when my tank lights come on TONS of similar looking organisms scatter under the rocks.

Bristle Worm?

From what I see of the picture it looks as if it may be a bristleworm. They look like serpant star rays. I'm no expert though, so that is my only guess. =)

today i was looking at my tank and i too noticed something wiggly out of the corner of my eye. two teeny tiny serpent arms. i remembered this post. i tried to lure it out with a piece of food it works with my big one. unfortunately, he would not venture out of the hole. i think you have one too. try to get it to come out. i got a picture of mine but i don't know how to put an arrow or something to mark it with because you'd never be able to see it without. mine's gray though.

I have a white worm that is huge and only comes out at night also. This thing is about the size of a pencil. Scared the bejeezus outta me when i saw it with the flashlight.

Back
Top Bottom