Test kits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

utahcutter

Aquarium Advice Regular
Looking for a good test kit. I have a nitrate kit and ammonia test right now. Would like to be able to monitor the other elements in my water. Who makes a good all in one test kit?

I don't know of an all in one kit for everything you need to monitor in a reef tank. I like the Salifert kits best, but they can be hard to find at times. Seachem has multi kits that cover several parameters. I have used them and had good results with them. The Marine Basic includes ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH and alkalinity...I think. The Reef Special includes silicate, phosphate, and iodide.

Calcium and Alkalinity are the main two for a reef. With PH not far behind.Than phospahte and nitrate. Salifert makes the best test kits but alot of vendors are sold out alot of times due to high demand.

Salifert makes the best test kits but alot of vendors are sold out alot of times due to high demand.
I Second that.. Salifert test kits are Awesome but can at times be hard to find.. I hear that Salifert is working on making availibility of kits much better... I also Like Seachem but if I had to chose I would toss the Seachem and go with Salifert.. I would use nothing else besides those 2 brands though..

HTH<
James

Back
Top Bottom