Tetratec

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lmkbubblfsh.gif

to AquariumAdvice.com!!!

Sure you can use one, but whether you should would depend on what it's main purpose will be. IMO, it will not make a good biological filter, but will do fine for some waterflow, chemical and some mechanical filtration.

I use 2 Tetratec 500's on my 125 gal SW tank now. Other than them being a bit noisy, they work fine. Just rotate the filters like they recommend. I change mine by moving the back ones to the front and placing the new ones in the back. I also do not change "both" of the units at the same time. They get changed a week apart.

HTH

Mike

I used one in my 20 gallon tank and it works great. Like reefrunner said they are good for flow, mechanical and chemical filtration. The tidal flow thing can be a bit touchy but when it works its almost like having a wavemaker. You can even get the heater for it and keep the inside of the tank neater. The only problem I had with it was sand ruined the impeller and I had to replace it(the impeller).

Back
Top Bottom