The BIG move

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brndfrb

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well we did it today. The big move. I had to move my 65 gallon reef and my 18 gallon reef. AHHHH. Let me tell you it sucked. Big time. Well the 18 is up and running and crammed full of stuff. The 65 is not b/c i am doing a substrate change. So all the livestock is at sumpheads house. The only casuality we had was a cleaner shrimp. Well my regal tang i am not quit sure what happend to it. It was there this morning and gone this afternoon. I don't know if it hichiked on the LR or what but it is gone. VERY upset about that. Well other than that is when ok. Jut thought i would share.

HUGE THANKS TO SUMPHEAD for all of his much appreciated HELP.

Brandon

No sweat man, wish I could have done more. My condolences again on the losses. Everything seems to be doing fine in their temporary quarters claimeing territory in the new nooks and crannies. All the corals' polyps are out an full.

R-

What happend to the shrimp? When I moved my 75, my CBS lost an arm in a fight with the net :( He is still living though, just with 1 arm.

WELL.... B man has so many corals that after carefully bagging them all be exhausted our supply of bags. So by the time we got to the livestock the only container we had was a 5 gallon bucket. So in when ALL the fish and two cleaners. After the ride over he was luckily the only casualty in the bucket. We really got lucky but no other options were available at the time. Though difficult all went fairly well. The weather was nice and warm the ride fairly smooth. We managed to save probably 50 of the 85 gallons total between the systems. The best thing about this move was that the tanks were our mission. A day dedicated to nothing but ensuring the safe move of brnd's aquaria. It literally took all day, but not having anything else to do made all the difference. And in the end he will end up with a new DSB, a sump/fuge, larger pump for the skimmer, and a new stand!

I wish it would have been that easy. We moved an hour away. Thanks again ronnie. Could have NEVER done it without you. Man the new stand is AWESOME. With the new stand and canopy the tank is about 6 1/2 feet tall. But ver beautiful. Very pleased witht the way the stand turned out. Now i just have to get the doors built for it. Very pleased with the way the move went. The 18 is up and running and all corals are extended. Fish and inverts are alive and well. I lost on hermit crab but that is nothing. Still deppresed about blue ( the blue tang) But other than that very very very pleased.

you can say that again. Especially when you have to move two established reefs. I am glad it is pretty much over. FINALLY

Back
Top Bottom