the Invasion of Copepods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AMANIQU77

Aquarium Advice Freak
OK, copepods are good. But now, they're all over my rocks and sand. Should I be concerned? I have a maroon clown, a blue hippo tang, softies corals, polyps, shrooms, and a bubble coral.

I also have two peppermint shrimps and 4 turbo snails. Do I need to be worried about overpopulation of pods? They're like ants. Thousands of them!

Not a problem. Their population should adjust to the food supply or you could just add a fish that loves to eat them.

Nope, good thing! My tank just completed a cycle little while back and I have them everyhwere too! I have to use the mag cleaner on the front glass to see clear LOL! But I leave them on the side and back for now :)

Thank you all. I was enjoying them when I find clusters of them a few months back. But now, I mean, I thought it was my live sand being blown from all over the sand floor. Then I looked closer and they're all over the place the point where I don't know if they're bad for corals or not. I see them caught in my quickfilter. They're all over in my Prizm Skimmer (the exit column of the skimmer) and my HOB powerfilters.

I guess I just have to keep them?

How do they maintain the water clean? They eat detrius or something?

I really don't know what I did. Eversince I've been adding Purple Up, and keeping my Trates zero with AZ NO3, they've been all over the place. If I don't magnet-clean my front glass for three days, I see them grazing on the glass. A lot of them.

I do notice that whenever I add frags on rocks into the tank that I see them more and more too. Could I be just seeding it unexpectedly?

If it is a good thing, then maybe I am doing something good. But I dunno, I only have HOB filters. I don't have any fuge or anything like that.

Man, I would be all over a Mandarin if I had that many pods.

Wow i wish those pods invade my tank or even my house!
Scooter blenny or a mandarin might help.

You need a mandarin to keep ur tank clear of pods?! Man... i had trouble keeping a mandarin fed with pods :(

Btw. keep ur doors locked all the time cuz... there'll be ppls breaking in for ur pods 0.o

TheRealFF said:
Wow i wish those pods invade my tank or even my house!
Scooter blenny or a mandarin might help.

Btw. keep ur doors locked all the time cuz... there'll be ppls breaking in for ur pods 0.o

btw AMANIQU77 whats your address? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom