Thinking about a Flame Angel and Xenia/Anthelia Addition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bearfan

Aquarium Advice Addict
Thinking about adding a Flame Angel and Xenia/Anthelia colony to my tank with my Yellow Tang, Lawnmower Blenny, and Condy. I'm also talking to a guy about a clove polyp frag locally, but I want to see what he's got first. He's a couple hours away, so I'm going to wait until after the baby comes.

Anyone have any possible problems with those additions?

Dwarf angels will typically look on Xenia like candy to a small child. If you do get the flame, be sure you have a place to house the Xenia or the angel temporarily. I have seen them devestate a colony in one day 8O

Cheers
Steve

My flame doent bother my xenia grove at all. Bearfan, If xenia shipped worth a darn or if you was able to come down to the meet I would give you 15+ stalks. I got a LOAD of it. I just gave about that much away over the weekend and ill have that much grow back by the meet in a few weeks.

fishfreek said:
My flame doent bother my xenia grove at all. Bearfan, If xenia shipped worth a darn or if you was able to come down to the meet I would give you 15+ stalks. I got a LOAD of it. I just gave about that much away over the weekend and ill have that much grow back by the meet in a few weeks.

That's what I've heard, it grows like crazy, but my LFS is MORE than happy to buy frags back (availability up here) so I figure to make it all back. I think I'll probably go Xenia over Anthelia because I like the pulsing.

The LFS here are charging $28-32 for xenia frags! I wanted one that pulsed so I bought one. It has moved rocks twice nad split once. Looks like it is about to split again.

I have a anthelia that is really nice to though :) I swear it has about 10-15 baby buds at its base. You should be happy either way.

i love the xenia to death but it grows so fast. i got mine for free becasue the lfs could not keep them alive in there tank. so they just gave it to me. now i cant kill it.

Bearfan said:
I'm also talking to a guy about a clove polyp frag locally, but I want to see what he's got first. He's a couple hours away, so I'm going to wait until after the baby comes.

Got it, pix in the gallery. Excuse the rubber band being used to attach it to a rock, it was just added the other day.

I have a coral beauty and it doesn't touch my anthelia, even tho I wish it would cause the anthelia is growing like weeds.

Nice Coral. What are the lighting requirements? I'm sure my Maculosus would have a buffet with it though.

no problems with my coral beauty and flame angel in my tank with pulsing xenia. hopefully you'll be fine too!!

Back
Top Bottom