Thinking about a jellyfish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mmaglione

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just curious, has anyone ever thought about or actually purchased a jelly to take care of? I am amazed by the Moon Jellys beauty and thought it would be nice if my marine / reef aquarium inhabitants could co-exist. If so the tank would be so beautiful! I have a 55Gallon tank with 3 chromis, 1 blue hippo tang, and a clown. Im really thinking about it but want to gather information first to make sure whether i can or cant do it.

I would advise against it.. They generally die off in our aquariums as our tank just can't support jellyfish habits. I remember a while back liveaquaria was selling a jellyfish but they removed it for obvious reasons. They are definitely NOT for beginners because they are extremely hard to keep in home aquariums and should be left to expert hobbyists.

They have to have low water flow and very little in the tank. They also have a specific diet. I think they have to be kept alone and with other jellies. Usually in tanks with no corners so they cant get stuck. So to answer your question, no I don't think you should add it to your tank. If you wanted one real bad you could get a specific tank for it and have a go.

Perform a Search' on this site, I've touched on jelly aquariums before. I advise against it unless you are willing to dedicate your time to them.

Back
Top Bottom