Thinking about predatory...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newreefaddict

Aquarium Advice Regular
So.... I recently made the upgrade to a 225g reef tank and have my old 75g tank. I dont really want to sell it as i bought everything in it new and couldnt justify to myself the money I would lose on it.

With that said, I am seriousely thinking about starting a predatory tank but really dont know anything about them. So my question to you all is, is there any advice, tips, knowledge, or cool stuff i can have, that i need to know befere I do this?

Any help is appreciated.

I couldn't help you, but I am following along, I really want a predatory tank. I love triggers, lion fish, puffers, there are so many awesome fish you can keep. I really want a large tank so I could keep an undulated trigger, and a dog face puffer.

well that was the original plan but 1. The 75 setup is really nice with a really nice stand as is and 2. the 225 is a tall and the 75 was a long and wont fit and 3. I really want a predatory.....:D

i agree that it there are some really neat species of predatory animals available. Dog faced puffers are cool looking.

Many of the smaller morey eels and lion fish are easy to keep. Be careful of the lion fish! Go diving in Florida and they are having open season on them because they have become a plague. Seeing a big puffer in a small tank is a sad sight, so be careful there. I have a 300 gallon and I wouldn't try a puffer for this and other reasons. Just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom