thinking of a subtropical catshark & seaweed aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dingodan

Aquarium Advice Activist
so ive become interested in keeping catsharks but have found issues on the warm water species. 1st issue is most get to be over 3' and 2nd issue is the expense of keeping a 500g aquarium warm. so i began thinking about subtropical catsharks. many species dont get bigger than 2' and prefer temperatures around 66f which is very close to room temperature around here, thus lowering costs of constantly heating a 500g aquarium. i would still incorporate heaters and a chiller but they wouldnt be running very often. ive also been thinking about keeping seaweeds as they look good and would aid in nutrient export with a high bio load system. from my research i cant find anyone else who has done this so gettin information on the subject is difficult. so please post your opinions and suggestions!

Sounds like a pretty decent idea I can't see why it wouldn't work I guess it's sort like keeping gold fish in the heat perspective how would you grow seaweed I'm guessing they wouldn't need to much light iv never actually seen anyone grow any haha

i think they do need alot if light i would go with leds for that

probably with as short a photoperiod as possible since the sharks are partially nocturnal

Back
Top Bottom