Thinking of adding clown(s) to exisitng pair.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

austinsdad

Aquarium Advice Addict
Moving to a 155g from a 72g. Got a pair of ocellaris about 2.5 " each. Been with me for almost 3 years.

Of course, I'll move the exisiting pair and the new one(s) to the new home at the same time. Kinda got my eye on the skunk clown. I think I remember that tomatos are more prone to problems. Maybe a single, smaller YSM.

Can I put another pair or a single clown in? Any other recommendations? Preference is for a pair if possible.

do they have a host anemone? thats a big question, since usually ocellaris like to pair up to one anemone, if their not hosted on an anemone then you could add another ocellaris, or two.

Lets say that you have one anemone and added two extra ocellaris, they will fight of the anemone, which mine have done that is before i added an additional host anemone for the homeless guys lol.

Probably won't do an anenome. Got this thing about critters that move around and I gotta watch overflows and stinging neighbors as they travel.

Single or pair I would stay away from tomatoes or skunks, even maroons for that matter. Might be ok with ocellaris or percs.

They dont have to have an anenomie. I agree you have to consider rest of tank also.

Help me understand what the recommendation was for another or more clowns? Not sure, but at least I know what not to consider.

What clown(s) can I consider???

clowns can be very territorial, i've lost a couple of clowns before trying to mix them, but i also have a tank that has a pair of tomatos and a pair of black perculas

Back
Top Bottom