thinking of downsizing.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fourmyclowns

Aquarium Advice Activist
If anyone has read my early post regarding the tragedy of moving my 75 gal you probably could understand where I'm coming from. Also we may get into some weekend travel plus three (separate)weeks a year. I am considering downsizing to our 18 gal, filling it with the live rock and our two clowns and worrying less about leaks in the new house if we are away. Would I ever be able to add a small fish or two or would the two clowns be it for 18 gal? It's a vertical shaped tank and would look pretty good filled with the rock we already have.

IMO the two clowns should be all you put in there except for some inverts.

What about that filter? I think it's a fw filter? I used it without problems for a two week qt once but not sure if that's okay for long term?

Sorry! I accidently left that info out! If I remember correctly the tank came with a filter that had a pouch of white rock. It wasn't the typical carbon filter that I see with most freshwater tanks. It's probably not going to be good enough but thought I should plan ahead if we do switch tanks.

Rated for 18 gal I suppose since it came with it. I think it was a Whisper filter - had sponge and white rock I think. It's still packed. I put my own "seed sponge" in there to set it up that one time we used it. I don't know, maybe I just need to restock and bring some interest back to the 75 gal tank. I was thinking of the weekend/3 separate weeks travelling and that a smaller tank would accomodate our two clowns and some rock and inverts and be easier to find a vacation helper to check on. I don't know anyone in this new city to ask. I read the Nano tank posts and it seems like a smaller tank is going to require even more visits from a hired helper. Maybe I just need to check with the lfs in the nearest city. Their stock tanks are a bit dirty and I'm not going to buy from them - maybe they have a bulliten board or something for people to help on vacation?

Back
Top Bottom