Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-23-2017, 06:44 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

This doesn't look good

I have had this green algae growing over my coralline on the back glass. I had some snails taking care of it but every time they fell off the glass, my emerald crab or serpent star made short work of them. Today I noticed and even bigger problem on the bottom part of the glass. It looks like hair algae but not sure. I don't have any type of algae growing on my rock work. Just the back glass .Any critters I can buy to take care of this or should I just scrape it off and hope it doesn't migrate to my rock work. I know Sniper Hank will respond to this so don't be too hard on me Hank..lol This is a learning experience and I've had many issues and they have all been solved thanks to every one on this site...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Algea glass.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	296653  

Old 03-24-2017, 09:21 PM   #2
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

I had algae like that when my reef was young. Nutrients in the water column that you've been battling if I remember correctly. New livestock won't solve that.

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 02:03 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

If you have a skimmer, try Turning it up or do extra water changes. If you can pin point the exact intranets your battling with (phosphate,etc) you could target the problem directly with mechanical filtration

10g saltwater
cgthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com