Tiger Pistol Shrimp vs Peppermint Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nu-Nu the eel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys! About 4 days ago i bought a tiger pistol shrimp. He has made his cave under a big rock and he defends that cave all day and night. This just so happened to be my peppermint shrimps favorite cave and my pistol shrimp has been "shooting" him alot. I know that tiger pistol shrinp are not agressive, so is this normal? I dont want my peppermint shrimp to get hurt..

He should be fine. Do you have a goby to go along with the pistol?

I have a tiger pistol and a skunk cleaner shrimp, no problems going on a year.

No im gettibg my goby this week. Gunna get ann orange striped prawn, (randalls goby)

My tiger pistol will pop at the hermit crabs and snails. So far there hasn't been any damage to any of them that is visible but I don't know if there is any internal damage or not.

joy13 said:
My tiger pistol will pop at the hermit crabs and snails. So far there hasn't been any damage to any of them that is visible but I don't know if there is any internal damage or not.

Ohh ya mine only does that to my peppermint. He lost a bit of his arm the other day... It will grow back but im still worried about it.

Back
Top Bottom