Time for concern?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Riley

Aquarium Advice Freak
Tried to get the best picture I could but it looks like there is a rubbery/silicone looking thing forming at the bottom of these! But then again it appears to have many heads in it also.. Some kind if cocoon?

Attachments

• image-647682622.jpg
    image-647682622.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 131
I think it is normal when I had a bunch of zoanthids they were there and when my colony eventually died it disappeared not because of the grey thing I had the colony for a while and it was infested with tiny nudie ranches that only ate ate zoanthids. For my Current jasmine polyps they spread like wildfire and just before they spread to some where new the grey looking thing goes over there then they pop up. So I think that there way of reproducing or etc/ spreading. Ian not sure this is the same thing but just trying 2 help

I wonder if this guy has anything to do with it.. Snapped this picture a few hours after I posted the original.. When he eventually got off them nothing looked to be eaten though..

Attachments

• image-1906883918.jpg
    image-1906883918.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 116
I have something similar to the black silicone mass and mine is a type of sponge. Nothing that is bad and taking over your tank

image-880228166.jpg

This mine and it is a Plakinastrella onkodes Ulizka. Latin name ....a rare type of sponge.

Back
Top Bottom