Tim's 54 Gallon Corner -> Going Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Was just asked by the President of my company if I would consider working in Japan for (1) year!

I'll know by next week, if it is a go!

Holy crap!

I said yes, but he still has some things to figure out.

29, single, no attachments - I'm a perfect fit.

WOW! Just wrote a MONSTER post, only for it to get erased somehow!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! :facepalm:

Long story short... ;)

Tank is thriving, corals and fish all look amazing and are growing very fast.

As far as the move to Japan:

I'm am going to talk to the president tomorrow to find out any updates he may have.

The president of Toyota is coming in for a visit on Wednesday, so I may know more after that.

Seems to be two possibilities for the move, if it happens:
  1. They will buy out my lease and I will have to put everything in storage which will be unbelievably a pain in the ace.
    • At that point the tank will have to be taken down and moved somewhere, which I have no idea where at this point.
    • My cat will be rehomed to my Ex-GF's for the year.
  2. I'm hoping they will pay my rent either in Japan or here, in which case I will continue to pay rent at my current apartment.
    • I have asked my Ex-Girlfriend if she would house-sit my apartment for a year, rent free, as long as she maintains the tank and takes care of my cat. She said yes.
I am hoping that it is the 2nd option, as moving all of my stuff out, after just moving in 3 months ago would be extremely annoying.

Either way, I am extremely excited and scared at the same time. Learning Japanese has however turned out to be easier than I thought.

Just realized I've got a Chromis on the way out. He's been hiding forever. I'm thinking HLLE.

Fed the clean-up crew today - one Chromis.

I checked the params and all were good. It looks as though he'd gotten stuck in a Rick and beat himself up trying to get out.

I'm not too upset with this one - I've come to the conclusion that deaths happen no matter what you do.

To make up for my loss, I treated the tank to some new additions of the coral variety.

The first one was on sale for $40 minus a $10 punch card so net of $30. The 2nd is a large duncan coral and I'll get a new pic once its all opened up, and it was $40.

Wow $30.00 for that is a great deal. It amazes me how expensive corals are. I may have reconsidered a reef tank if I had realized that. On second fought......no! LOL

The Monti was a great deal! They hook me up all the time with stuff like that.

As for Japan, I'm hoping to hear more this week. Nothing definite as of yet... But I'll keep y'all posted!

Back
Top Bottom