Tim's 54 Gallon Corner -> Going Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It appears to be a Galaxia polyp. There were two separate ones, one is basically the same, and the other has opened up fully and now has about (4) baby heads starting to sprout below the main tentacles.

When I get home, or tomorrow morning I'll try to snap a pic.

Tim how do you acclimate your sps corals I think I am doing something wrong..... What I do is drip them for about an hr. with revive coral dip do you do anything different

Previous to this batch of frags, all I did was bring the coral home from the LFS, cut open the bag, remove the coral and place immediately into the aquarium. Some I started low and moved up over a few days for light acclimation, but some I put right at the top.

With the Mr. Coral frags. I dipped each one individually for 8-12 minutes in a CoralRX dip with a powerhead in it for circulation.

I then removed each frag while shaking it in the solution and placed it in a clean saltwater bath, and shook it in the water. I then moved each frag on my eggcrate shelf in the frag tank.

It's worked for me, in all but one case. The white/blue acro that bleached out was the only loss I had. I'm 99% convinced it was already dead when I bought it.

*If I buy a few things at once, I will temp acclimate them for a few minutes by placing the bag to float in the aquarium. I normally don't do that.

Here is a pic of my mystery coral.

Also just bought 3 filter socks and 5 lbs of tonga branch rock in the group buy!

It kinda resembles both. I saw a brown Galaxia at the LFS this past weekend that had polyps that looked identical, I was gonna snap a pic, but my phone was dead :(

Also, after another battle with HA today during my pwc, I'm definitely going to grab a turbo snail, probably tomorrow morning!

Came home tonight to a beautiful sight; my two clowns were cuddled side-by-side on the duncans. They are never far apart, but this is the first I've seen them actually sleeping touching each other. I tried to snap a pic, but with no flash it was useless. Pretty awesome though.

You know how they say never go grocery shopping hungry? Yeah, well, don't go to the LFS for one turbo snail when you have a reef Addiction...

Picked up my 1st addition for the angler tank... Pics to come.

Back
Top Bottom