Tim's 54 Gallon Corner -> Going Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am running 2 250 Watt hqi 2 130 Watt attinics 8 1.5 Watt blue moon light witch is all in one fixture built by current

I woke up to find that my skunk cleaner had mysteriously cloned himself...

I've heard just to leave the molt in the tank and it will become food / nutrients for other stuff, right?

I just left it in, since it was in an awkward spot, and its gone today. Didn't last long. Thanks for the info.

Guess who just got back from the LFS? Yup - this guy.

Pics and updates soon.

Then off to a frag swap.

So here they are:

(2) Aussie Percula B/W clowns
(1) large Trumpet coral

Questions:

How the heck do you place a trumpet? I tried the sand, but it just fell over. I'm trying to find a good rock hole, but its a tough one.

Also how do I remove my previous pictures? I am maxed out.

Nice aquisitions! As for the photos, I use photobucket and link the pictures. It is easier and you have no limits to how many.

Use 2 part epoxy to attach corals or plugs to rocks. It even comes in coraline pink.

If it's galaxia, just be careful as it sends out super long sweepers.
I use gelled super glue from the hardware store. I also use the inexpensive two part epoxy putty. If it says good for potable water sources, it is okay for the reef. No need to purchase the same products for twice as much because they have a picture of a fish on them.

Going well. Moved my trumpet to the sand bed. B/w clowns are always out and about. All of corals have tons of new growth. All in all - tank is great.

Next step is to get a couple purple firefish and some more corals. I'm thinking a nice torch for my next addition.

Back
Top Bottom