Tiny Featherdusters??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

noone

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have these things growing on my lr. They look like eyelashes on a tube. They are less than 1 centimeter long and white. Could they be tiny featherdusters?

Oh, are featherdusters a good thing? I don't know anything about them except what they look like! :oops:

Post a pic, most chances they are feather dusters, they are all over o live rock. And yes feather dusters are a good thing, they look beautiful! :D

Sounds like they are. I have tons of them. Very cool!!
A pic would be nice. :)

yes i have the same things i think?? they look like very thin spagghett with purpleish, blueish feathers coming out. they retract when you get near them. what are they? should I take them off my live rock?

No....leave them. A wonderful addition to your tank. Definately mini feather duster. Totally harmless.

I can't get a picture of the little boogers. They are too small. I should have said less thatn .5 cm. (I am not goot at taking pics of my aquarium anyway!) Any picture advice?

Should I worry about anything eating them? My little hermit crabs? My emrald crab (new addition!)

blorkiemom said:
They're the only thing my emerald crab hasn't eaten off my rock, including teeny sponges and coralline algae. :(
Wow, he is a pistol!!
If you have an arrow crab, they will eat them. I doubt very much that your hermits will bother them. They are pretty quick. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom