Tips for feeding mandarin dragonet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kade

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi
I was wandering if anyone has any tips for feeding mandarin dragonets, I only got her yesterday and she only eats live food. Has anyone weened them onto frozen foods, if so how do you do it and is it easy. I live in australia and we do not yet have live organisms in a bottle that I can feed her so I need an alternative.
Thank you in advance

Cross your fingers. Honesty if don't have an established large pod population odds aren't good sry. Andif ur relieing on pods in a bottle u will be buying them 2-3 times a week.

Where can I get pods in a bottle?

i would start a separate pod breeding tank regardless of wether she's eating or not now in case she suddenly stops eating. if you got her from a good supplier that new how to get them eating i highly suggest you keep her on that diet.

And at the Lfs she was in there coral tank, eating the pods that bred in the tank. Would live brine shrimp keep her going?

brine shrimp are tasty, but don't have the nutritional value to keep her going for long. i would seriously start setting up a pod tank ASAP.

pods is short for copepods, which are tiny crustaceans that live among plankton in live rock.

Ok, do u guys know any websites were I can buy them from, my lfs dosent have them

Brine can have good nutritional value as long as they are feed between hrs 8-12 of there life.

But my fish is older than 8-12 hours

Lol no no the brine shrimps nutritional value is between hrs 8 & 12 of the shrimps life. Sry bout that

he's talking about the shrimp ;) i would really say just try and have as many options on hand as you can, so you've got some backup if she decides to get picky.

Ok, I've got some brine shrimp eggs in a little hatcher, how long do you think they would take to hatch? And with the copods how do I bread them? Thank you for your help

Not a clue and the copodes I guess u really don't breed them it kinda just happens and they build up as ur tank matures.

Thanks Alex! That's a really good idea. And I guess I just buy a bottle and pour it in? Thanks again guys, this really is alot of help :)

Thanks Alex! That's a really good idea. And I guess I just buy a bottle and pour it in? Thanks again guys, this really is alot of help :)

I do the samething the days I feed pellets

Back
Top Bottom