To GARF or not

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

perrymedik

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was wondering if anyone had any feed back on the AragocreteTM offered by GARF?

Is this better for starting a new tank then typical live rock?

What are the benifits/detriments?

Thanks!

I would definitely go with as much Liverock as possible and backfill with dry base rock if need be. From everything I read on this forum, Liverocks.com is the very best for starting out and HIrocks.com is great for bulk base rock. I have used hirocks.com but I have not used Liverocks.com yet, but will be using them shortly. The agrocrete will only look marginally like rock and offer very few benefits compared to live rock.

make ya own its fun and easy !! i added two rocks i made to a tank and kinda funny cause i thought i got all the mantis shrimps but one decided to use my rock over the lr for its home !! makes it easy for me to get him out :) also pods all over it !!

heres a few pics of the rock i made !! made them alot bigger than needed but was my first crack at it !!

this tank was my fuge before the ac crash !! so kinda dirty but had to move it fast ! need to get my copperbanded in there to eat all the aiptasia :)

Back
Top Bottom