to what level do I trust my Tank Sitter??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goisles1

Aquarium Advice Freak
Heading down to Ocean Isle Beach, NC in 5 days and I'm trying to get my Tank sitter sorted out. I have someone who is already coming by twice daily to feed and hang with my Border Collie while we're gone. So I was going to ask this person to also tend to my Reef while I'm gone. I have some issues however asking this person to handle my normal feeding schedule (mysis, plankton, flake and pellets). Should I just have her put a pinch of pellets in every 3 days instead of trying to explian the frozen foods?

I have an ATO with 15 gallons(3-5gal poland spring jugs) of water which should be enough to last the 10 days I'm gone. Once a bottle empties, this person will just have to move the hose to the next bottle.

My lighting(DT and Fuge) are all on timers

So I really just worried about the feeding for these 10days

Side note... Will ne hitting Camden Yards on our way home to catch the Yankees.. :Fade-color

Ok, Just lay out a schedule of EXACTLY what to do. What i did with a housesitter for my 40G reef was as follows. I made a list of days and what to do on them and had premade bags of labled frozen food numbered 1,2 etc in the refrigerator. I had the list say how to thaw the food at the bottom and also some instructions on feeding corals a small amount of clam feast. Just make it SIMPLE SIMPLE SIMPLE. Have a number to call you if she has any questions.

you know what i did. instead of telling her or writing it out, or even showing her, i made a video of exactly how to do everything. its a lot simpler and its not much of a hassle lol, just try not to make it uber long ;]

Back
Top Bottom