Toadstool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish noob

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just bought a toadstool from the LFS. When I bought it, the top was smooth and flat. It has now inflated. I've seen this on toadstools before, but just want to make sure it is normal.

I've had it in my tank for about 24 hours. It has good flow and good lighting.

Does everything seem to be ok?

Attachments

• image-434310875.jpg
    image-434310875.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 74
  • image-1280759224.jpg
    image-1280759224.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 81
Gboy66 said:
Wow looks great!!

Thanks. Is the overnight inflation a cause for concern? Is it a sign of anything good/bad?

Haha the inflation is when the polyps came out? Ya thats a very good thing. When you bought it (it was smooth?) so the polyps were not out meaning that it wasent happy. Sooo i giess your leather toadstool is happy now, but when it sheds its skin it will retract again for a few days so dont be worried when that happens!

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Haha the inflation is when the polyps came out? Ya thats a very good thing. When you bought it (it was smooth?) so the polyps were not out meaning that it wasent happy. Sooo i giess your leather toadstool is happy now, but when it sheds its skin it will retract again for a few days so dont be worried when that happens!

Ya it was much more smooth whenI got it. Thanks. I thought the polyps being out was good, but wanted to make sure. I am a noob at this! Thanks for the help! :)

Back
Top Bottom