Toadstool coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ricksreef said:
Yes,and are very easy to frag.

Thanks! What is the actual purpose to fragging? Sorry I am new to this. Is it basically growing a new coral from a cut off of another?

Chris-Nicol said:
Thanks! What is the actual purpose to fragging? Sorry I am new to this. Is it basically growing a new coral from a cut off of another?

Yes,that way you don't have to buy more of that coral ,and as you will find out in our hobby,any way you can save money is a plus.LOL

Haha! Yeah it's not the cheapest of hobbies! That's cool! I watched a video on YouTube about fragging one! It looks a bit brutal the way he just cuts it with scissors!

Chris-Nicol said:
Haha! Yeah it's not the cheapest of hobbies! That's cool! I watched a video on YouTube about fragging one! It looks a bit brutal the way he just cuts it with scissors!

Yeah,but I don't think it hurts the coral as much as it hurts when we take out our credit cards.LOL

One serious note,certain corals can be dangerous when fragging and you need to take precautions with those.Always google fragging on the Internet by coral name before trying a particular coral to see if it is one of those.

Ricksreef said:
Yeah,but I don't think it hurts the coral as much as it hurts when we take out our credit cards.LOL

One serious note,certain corals can be dangerous when fragging and you need to take precautions with those.Always google fragging on the Internet by coral name before trying a particular coral to see if it is one of those.

Yeah probably not haha! It just doesn't look too good!

Thanks but I don't think I will be trying fragging for a long time! I just got two types of mushrooms about two weeks ago and today I got the Toadstool and a few free polyps from my lfs! I got a bit bold and asked for a cheaper bunch as I said I was a beginner and got them for free haha!

DA fisherman said:
I've never heard of them not being okay with a coral ... :)

Well both of my cleaners are on it quite alot and seem to b picking at it. Do u think it will just be coz it's new?

Chris-Nicol said:
Well both of my cleaners are on it quite alot and seem to b picking at it. Do u think it will just be coz it's new?

Could be mine do it too when I first put in a frag, shoot mine do it anytime I put anything new in the tank.... Then they stay around it for a cupple of days.
Especially when I put in SPS Frags .

DA fisherman said:
Could be mine do it too when I first put in a frag, shoot mine do it anytime I put anything new in the tank.... Then they stay around it for a cupple of days.
Especially when I put in SPS Frags .

Thanks for the help! I'm probably just being paranoid because I'm just starting the coral game haha!

Back
Top Bottom