Tomato Clown Size

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seacat

Aquarium Advice Freak
i Recently got a tomato clown that is about 2-2 1/2 inches. the question is that my tank is only 20 gallons. and i was wondering if he would be okay in there.thanks
seacat

I don't see any problem with that just realize that as your tomato grows he will only get more aggressive and territorial so if you have any shy fish you might be in for a headache that also goes for during feeding. If your tomato clown is anything like the one I have you will see he eats like a pig which might not give an opportunity for smaller less aggressive fish to eat.

ya i have him with a blue damsel and he is about half the size of my clown. he just waits for the food to fall down to him...i think i might get rid of the damsel and get a lawmower blenny. do you think that will be okay, and only those 2. thanks

That would work too due to both animals having a different diet. Your blenny would enjoy eating algae wafers and algae in the tank while the clown would much rather something meaty to eat so yes that would be okay. HTH

Back
Top Bottom