Too many amphipods!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canterthefishman

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everybody! I have a 40 gal reef. One morning I woke up went to look at my aquarium, and I saw like 100 amphipods on my corals, rocks, sand, and my turbo snails!

How do I get rid of them?

Thanks!

Most fish will eat them...I hear that mandarins will do so particularly voraciously along with some wrasses.

Mandarins are a big pain in the *** to keep, however, so probably better off with the wrasses.

You want to get rid of them, most people want them!! Consider yourself blessed, and buy a sweet wrasse!

bighabeeb said:
Most fish will eat them...I hear that mandarins will do so particularly voraciously along with some wrasses.

Mandarins are a big pain in the *** to keep, however, so probably better off with the wrasses.

Yes sound like a great opertuiniy to keep mandarins to only thing I find that makes them a pain is getting them to eat prepared foods but if you have copepods or amphipods mandarins are an awesome fish and if your Perameters are in check easy to keep

Hi everybody! I have a 40 gal reef. One morning I woke up went to look at my aquarium, and I saw like 100 amphipods on my corals, rocks, sand, and my turbo snails!

How do I get rid of them?

Thanks!

Do you have any fish in the tank yet?? I always notice a spike in amphipods whenever my tanks are fishless for more than a week lol. As soon as a fish goes in, they are back under control (y)

Right now I have 1 Seabe clown, 1 flame tailed blenny, 1 dragon face pipefish, and 1 yellow tang (just currently) in my 40 gal.

Back
Top Bottom