Torch Coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crister13

Aquarium Advice Addict
I bought a torch coral the other day and its doing great. It has pretty dull colors which I liked but I wish I got one with green tentacles. Its a tanish now with light green tips. Will it change to all green? And also, how long do the tentacles get at full grown? I saw one today at an animal hospital and the tantacles were 8"+. At least it looked like a torch. Will it? And also, how long does it take for them to get big?

This is a torch that was at my LFS. Wish I had the money when I saw it. To give a reference the pvc that holds the shelves are probably about 4-5".

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111121_024410.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111121_024410.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 177
My torch is also brown with the neon tips. Thats pretty much the way it will stay though. Here's a kinda crummy shot of mine after about 6-8 months. He has gotten huge! make sure you allow enough space between him and any other corals.

img_1656702_0_1e987928cce0b6dd577d084b5c4a186a.jpg

I have a brown torch and a green one.... the tentacles sweep out pretty far sometimes! Mine like to be fed too, chopped shrimp or scallop, they suck it right in!!
100_1683.jpg
This is when I first got them....I'll have to post a "now" pic, I think they grew already!!

Alright thanks. I guess I saw a different coral.......... THAT I NEED!!!!! HAHA. Ill try to find a pic.

Back
Top Bottom