Torch corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love mine BUT.... I kinda feel like I own a anemone because of its size and when it sends out those sweeper tentacles it makes other corals around it close up. But my clowns love them! Not sure what to do but it's starting to create an issue for me.

image-1917973845.jpg

image-2858833720.jpg

Convict2161 said:
I love mine BUT.... I kinda feel like I own a anemone because of its size and when it sends out those sweeper tentacles it makes other corals around it close up. But my clowns love them! Not sure what to do but it's starting to create an issue for me.

The best thing to do to fix your problem is tricky, I'm no expert but the best advice I could offer is: mail them over to me :) I've been trying for months to get my clowns to host either my hammer or my torch an one of them is starting to get cozy with my hammer but I'm wanting them to pair up!

armyman16 said:
The best thing to do to fix your problem is tricky, I'm no expert but the best advice I could offer is: mail them over to me :) I've been trying for months to get my clowns to host either my hammer or my torch an one of them is starting to get cozy with my hammer but I'm wanting them to pair up!

Haha yeah that's tricky but could advice lol. Wonder how my clowns would feel? :)

I swear within a week or two there in there sometimes I can't see them and one time I thought one was dead!! It was just laying in there! I made a thread because I wasn't sure if that was normal lol. Everyone that responded was congratulating me lol. Then I read up on hosting and clowns etc and realized some people wait a long time for that to happen :)

Convict2161 said:
Haha yeah that's tricky but could advice lol. Wonder how my clowns would feel? :)

I swear within a week or two there in there sometimes I can't see them and one time I thought one was dead!! It was just laying in there! I made a thread because I wasn't sure if that was normal lol. Everyone that responded was congratulating me lol. Then I read up on hosting and clowns etc and realized some people wait a long time for that to happen :)

Haha yeah when I first got my pair of clowns one started rubbing up against the hammer the next morning but then moved on, and just started coming back but my wall hammer is big enough to host both clowns but the other one won't come near it because the other one chases it off!

Lucky, this is my torch. I've tried so hard to get my clowns to host it. Even tried mirrors. Instead the choose the brain. Lol head slap!

Haha still pretty cool! I think a 20 gallon is probably a great beginner size! A pair of clowns and a goby/pistol pair are probably one of the coolest things in the ocean

Euphyllia corals (torch, hammer, frogspawn) are usually more aggressive (sweepers!) in higher flow. Try adjusting the pumps to reduce the flow directed at/past the torch and see if this helps. Also, if it is a branching torch, you could always get a bone saw, frag it, and sell the extra bits.

MacDracor said:
Euphyllia corals (torch, hammer, frogspawn) are usually more aggressive (sweepers!) in higher flow. Try adjusting the pumps to reduce the flow directed at/past the torch and see if this helps. Also, if it is a branching torch, you could always get a bone saw, frag it, and sell the extra bits.

Thank you it is a branching torch both are actually. I'm gonna saw off 2 heads of each as both have 3 heads and I have a feeling 1 head each is enough for that spot and size tank. Those sweepers get pretty big as you know. It's wild to watch.

Back
Top Bottom