Torn between where to buy LiveRock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got my LR from LR.com over 3 mos. ago I am very happy with it all keys 240 lbs.Lots of HH great coralline algae and I put it right in the tank .It was cycled in 10 days with no major spikes. Here are a few pics.
img_303677_0_bb372c8cef34fd544ecc1d0b69d8783d.jpg

img_303677_1_7b24120ae9a6ad9ad10515152fa8a910.jpg

img_303677_2_e5f45cc95d53a2a4dd6053305c492f8e.jpg

img_303677_3_35cbb8e5767566aa773ede98e655b109.jpg

img_303677_4_5b03152e7db26d6c3b3ed93201e98ffb.jpg

Sorry about the pics. but the camera is old and I keep saying I'll get a new one but then I find something I want for the tank.

Rcolbath very nice rocks there, it does look small for 240 lbs though.

I just ordered from ReeferMadness 65 lbs of Buna Branch coral which Chris (owner) says is full of sponges and the like, but may take 4-6 weeks to cure depending on who the sponges survive the trip. He said its his lightest rock and fits in the same box as 88lbs lbs of tonga kaelini. I also ordered 45 lbs of the premium fiji.

I will submit photos when I receive it next week. He claims its their "freshest" material with lots of life. When a shipment comes in from fiji, he reboxes it when it arrives, rinses it with warm water, adds newspaper and warm packs then ships it out same day to arrive at my house the next day. For 110 lbs of recently harvested pacific liverock with next day shipping $540. Just under $5/lbs.

I may supplement with LR.com later, but Chris thought that my 75 gal tank may be full with the lightweight rock and may not need to supplement, but I'll let you know.

The anticipation is one or best parts when ordering site unseen.

To me..."fresh" and "comes in from Fiji" are just not likely compatible terms.

Everyone has different expectations on what they want their LR to be. What is acceptable to some is not to others based upon the expectations of what the tank is going to be and what role the LR has in the plan.

Cmor its a 180 gal. tank and thats all 240 lbs. I hand picked the LR. I'm in SE Ga. about 5 hrs. from Tampa I waited until Mike from LR.com got back from a new dive with about 2500 lbs of fresh keys LR and drove down on a monday mourning had the rock in my tank by 7:00 that night. Its my first SW tank I haven"t bought LR from any where else so I have nothing to compare it to except what I've seen in LFS and I am glad I went the way I did.I didn't know anything about picking out LR or what to look for I had never met Mike so I didn't know if he was going to dump off a lot of crap on me that he couldn't sell but he helped me pick out some very nice pieces and he gave me his cel # said if I needed anything to call. I did 8 or 9 times he always took time to talk and answer all my questions. I will use LR.com again next time I need more LR just because I now know what to expect and they earned my trust.

I've only heard great comments about Reefermadness. For non-aquacultured LR, I cant decide between Reefermadness, PremiumAquatics, Phisybuisiness or Dr. Mac's.

liveaquria.com seatrademarine.com liverock.com I got mine form www.seatrdemarine.com from ebay 150 dollars for 50 pounds free shipping I felt as if it was a deal my tank is looking good right now I did experience some Coral Bleaching but now it is coming back and is begining to turn purple pictures will be posted soon.

Back
Top Bottom