Transit time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mattmku

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm heading home tomorrow and I'm considering buying a fish before I go. The problem is that it's a four and a half hour drive. Will the fish likely survive the trip? Also, any other tips would be appreciated.

I've had some trouble keeping fish alive after acclimation. I've always drip acclimated, but their survival rate has been very low. The other day i realized that most articles recommend leaving the bag closed when first floating it in the the tank, and I've been opening them immediately. Could this be the main reason for the deaths?

The problem is that it's a four and a half hour drive. Will the fish likely survive the trip?
It should, they travel longer than that when shipped. Get a big bag if you can.
The other day i realized that most articles recommend leaving the bag closed when first floating it in the the tank, and I've been opening them immediately
Ya I would temp acclimate first.
Could this be the main reason for the deaths?
Not sure, may have something to do with it.
I would suggest slowing down the acclimation some more and make sure the temp, PH and SPG match before introducing the fish.

Back
Top Bottom