Trigger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ByzantineWV

Aquarium Advice Regular
Bought a Niger trigger yesterday. As soon as I put him in the tank he shoved his head between a rock and the back glass. Today he is out swimming but I have noticed a white line or scratch on his eye. But he has been fighting a little with a damsel. Also he is eating a bunch

When i got my niger trigger he did the SAME THING. i thought something was wrong with him or maybe i didnt acclimate him enough. But come to find out. triggers LOVE to wedge themseleves between the rocks and just sit there. thats actually how they came about getting there name. As for the scratches. triggers are very sturdy fish they move so quickly and harshley that they hurt themselve quite often. Mine comes up all the time with white scratches on his face around his eyes and his sides. thats normal. i wouldnt worry too much about him fighting with the damsel. if the trigger wanted to kill the damsel he would have by now lol. their probebly just trying to establish whos in charge :)

-kat

KatyKat said:
When i got my niger trigger he did the SAME THING. i thought something was wrong with him or maybe i didnt acclimate him enough. But come to find out. triggers LOVE to wedge themseleves between the rocks and just sit there. thats actually how they came about getting there name. As for the scratches. triggers are very sturdy fish they move so quickly and harshley that they hurt themselve quite often. Mine comes up all the time with white scratches on his face around his eyes and his sides. thats normal. i wouldnt worry too much about him fighting with the damsel. if the trigger wanted to kill the damsel he would have by now lol. their probebly just trying to establish whos in charge :)

-kat

I agree 100%. U could only kill this fish if u try lol an mine did that to again its fine now he's beautiful he is with a damsel about an inch and a half ish he is king of the tank but doesn't bully the pamsel but obviously when I feed em fresh shrimp trigger is first then wrasse then clown THEN damsel but damsel are smart they will stay out of his way congrats !! Here's 2 of my fish
the last one is feeding time !! :)

Attachments

• image-2175948558.jpg
    image-2175948558.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 99
  • image-3268654614.jpg
    image-3268654614.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 105
  • image-4074705338.jpg
    image-4074705338.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 94
Back