True Percs really like which anemone or sarcophyton/toad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snapcrackler

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've seen the lists but what has been your experience, anyone? I have a pair of 1 1/4" true percs that have been paired since I got them when they were just little teeny little things.

They completely ignore my yellow sebae and the sebae decided to get up and go way to the back of the tank behind the rocks and ignore them too.

I know that this sebae anemone wasn't the best choice to start but I traded some guppies for it and it's quite a nice anemone.

Also I would prefer to get some kind of sarcophyton or toadstool leather type thing INSTEAD of another anemone if you guys think the clowns might just like that as much....

So, BTA, toadstool, carpet or................?

Thanks in advance!

My percula took about 3 weeks to move into my Sebae. I read somewhere that you should stick pictures of clowns in anemones on your tank to remind the clownfish where he should go.

I don't know which anemones perculas prefer though. I have a Goldstripe Maroon that moved into a bubble before I could get my hand out of the tank.

Also I would prefer to get some kind of sarcophyton or toadstool leather
FWIW Mine have taken to my Leather and I just removed It to kinda move them over to my Carpet.. If you are looking into getting a Toadstool It would not hurt to get one.. If the clowns take it it then that would be cool.. However It seems as though my clowns Irritated the Toadstool as It eventually stopped opening and the clown started to get rougher with it.. Since It was placed into a new tank it seems to be coming back pretty well so My guess it the clown was causing it to come close to dying..

HTH<
James

Thanks guys.... lol the pics of the clowns and anemones - that's not a bad idea. :D I will tape up some pics of clownfish cleaning the front glass with a tiny scraper, too. hehe

Seems that percs are the pickiest of all! Those one-stripers just rub on anything don't they LOL

Yah, the 90 at one of LFS's has a humongo-toadstool and a bunch of anemones, and the clowns just wiggle all over it, and it keeps closing up where they rub on it. I can see how this would really make a coral use all of it's resources just opening and closing etc while the clown just rubbed on it and irritated it. You could maybe call it frustrating the coral, huh.

I will read the article thoroughly too RR.

James, how is that blue carpet doing?

James, how is that blue carpet doing?
Doing Great.. Seems as though the One wild caught perc Is really Eyeballin it pretty good since the leather is gone.. FWIW if you want an Anemone Try LiveAquaria.com for the Assorted Carpet.. Tell them you dont want any white or grey and maybe you will get lucky and get a blue one too.. lol

So far it seems to be Great.. It hasnt Ate anything to noticable to me however it does seem to be eating something as it Poops like normal lol... It even made it thru some sort of poisoning in my tank.. I lost 2 cleaners, Xenia and a pistol to that but the carpet survived.. Whoo Hoooo.. FWIW Liveaquaria when I thought I was having an issue with it stated that it wasnt supposed to be doing what it was and considered it dead.. Told me to keep it in the tank until it detaches and it might make it and it might not.. Well come to find out what it was doing was normal and very healthy lol.. They refunded the money and told me that if it lives than I am lucky.. lol

james

Dang, mr. gooddeal! LOL... next time you order, the new anemone will have a lost, winning lottery ticket stuck to it's tentacles 8O

Dang, mr. gooddeal! LOL... next time you order, the new anemone will have a lost, winning lottery ticket stuck to it's tentacles
LOL now that would be nice.. I can say that Everytime I have had an Issue with something bought from them it has always been taken care of right away without any issues..

next time you order, the new anemone will have a lost
Hopefully I wont be getting any more Anemones any time soon.. Well for sure no more in the 55gal tank lol.. Maybe the 29gal but doubtful... lol

I started playing the lottery a few weeks ago after I found out my Sister in-laws B/F won 20k lol he only got 13k of it after taxes lol.. Been thinking about jumpin him lol.. Or atleast taking his Canon Projector and Fuji 6MP camera.. lol

James

The natural hosts for clownfish are Heteractis magifica (Ritteri...does poorly in captivity), Stichodactyla gigantea (Giant Carpet), and Stichodactyla haddoni (Haddon's or Saddle Carpet).

LOL you guys are kidding right?? Really tape a picture of fish and anomanies to the glass.. LoL hmmmmmm wouldn't it be funny if you came home from work and they had turned the picture around so you could see it and it was of a person doing a waterchange or feeding a tank.... OMG for somereason this is halirous to me. My god seeing as how they can see the TV from the tank and apparently can process this info I am gonna have to make sure that my wife watches no more lifetime movies in the living room or I will have little man hating fish..

Doan

My clown loves to hang out in my xenia. Whenever i change something in the tank or move it, he runs right in there and hides.

Back
Top Bottom