Trying to sink a fish...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MattP725

Aquarium Advice Freak
How do I get a feader to sink to the bottom so my hermit will eat it? It is already dead. I am trying to freeze it to make it a bit more solid but it probably wont work. Any suggestions? The hermit is scared of everything so it isn't like he will eat it off a stick or anything.

Is it a FW fish? I wouldn't even bother. Try some sinking pellets instead. Would be much better for him. Mine love the pellets.

Why not just skewer it, and then put the stick into the sand. Or you could just try something like putting a rock on top of it. Make sure that your crab actually eats the fish so you don't have a dead fish fouling up your water.

quarryshark said:
Is it a FW fish? I wouldn't even bother. Try some sinking pellets instead. Would be much better for him. Mine love the pellets.

It is so hard to get pellets to him because of the greedy fish I have lol... Also since my tank is somewhat new I have a descent diatom problem so I am not sure if he would even see them because the sand is pretty brown.

I like the skewer idea. I will try that tommorow since I don't have any skewers handy.

Back
Top Bottom