Tube Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JonSolo

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello All,

I saw a "Tube Anemone" the other day at a LFS and became very curious in it. Tried asking the employees there, but I got the feeling they really didn't know what they were talking about (imagine that!).

Anyways, opinions? thoughts? experiences? reef-safe?

Jon Solo

Reef safe ya.... fish safe NO..... this anemone will eat anything that goes into it. Clowns included. Very beautiful creature.... I had one for a week till I read up on them.... Bad advice from the LFS prompted me to get it.. Took it back...
They like a DSB that they bury there sock in.

Reef safe ya.... fish safe NO..... this anemone will eat anything that goes into it. Clowns included. Very beautiful creature.... I had one for a week till I read up on them.... Bad advice from the LFS prompted me to get it.. Took it back...
They like a DSB that they bury there sock in.

I have one and it hasnt ate any fish and this thing is huge!!! The fish know not to go into it, so do the clowns, it is instinct. Tube anemones are very very hardy and i've had mine for about 3-4 months now, and it is alive and kickin'. Dont worry about feeding it, it will pick up any flakes that are within reaching distance, no special food. This is my favorie anemone! :D

Back
Top Bottom