Turbofloter 1000 help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefaddict

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just wondering if anybody had any tips on how to make this skimmer work good. Im begining to think its not a very good skimmer. I used to have it in the sump but the water level is pretty high, and any fluctuation of water level would change the skimmers output into the collection cup. The result was very inconsistent and inefficient skimming.

Now it is sitting beside the tank. It was working pretty good, making some nice stable dry foam, when I first moved it, but now it just wont make any foam. Its either not pushing anything up into the cup, or its pushing way too much wet bubbles, filling the cup too fast with just yellow water. Since I've owned the skimmer, i've never been able to produce a solid consistent foam.

I was hoping someone would have some insight on these skimmers. I know they are fairly common. Also, when the skimmer is bubbling over and pushing the yellow water in the cup but no real foam...is that still doing anything good, or do you need the nasty foam to have effective nutrient export???

Thanks for all the help! All replies are greatly appreciated!

how long has the tank been set up? newer or understocked tanks don't have much to skim. I have put my skimmer up on egg crate for shims to help with the water level

Back
Top Bottom