Turboflotor blue 1000 cleaning ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dude1982

Aquarium Advice Freak
Has anybody got any tips on cleaning the turboflotor blue 1000 skimmer body as mine is due for a full clean.
I have cleaned the pump out a few times so I know how to clean the pump but have no idea how to clean the skimmer body.
Any help will be great, thanks in advance Lee !

Put the whole thing in vinegar and run it for a few hours and then and then take it a apart to the farthest extent and scrub the crap out of it. Be extremely generous with the vinegar

I had a Turboflotor T1000 i took mine out and replaced it with a better skimmer. I hated mine and once i got mine replaced i could not believe the difference in skimmate. I get as much in a day or two that i got in a week.

Ah never seen them over here, I have not long done a rescape of my tank and nitrates have risen quite a lot, my upflow turf scrubber should bring these down quite quick anyway.
Hopefully if all goes well I can ditch the skimmer and just use the turf scrubber as these seem quite effective at eating all the nutrients !

Back
Top Bottom