twin spot gobys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meredith

Aquarium Advice Addict
We picked up what we thought was a pair of twin spot gobies (gobys?) Anyway, they were hanging out together at the lfs, doing that little hoppy thing they do on the sand, side by side. When they were released into the tank, they proceeded to fight a bit then split up to opposite sides of the tank. I had to leave for a bit, and when I came home, one was on the sand, and the other is just hanging out at the top of the aquarium. One of them has minor tears on the fins, other than that they look healthy, I think. I'm sure it will take time for them to adjust to their new home, but should I be worried at all about the fighting or the one hanging out near the top?
Here are some pics of my new babies :D :D

As with everything, give em' time to adjust. If they're still bickering after three days... take the least active one back :lol:

I acclimated for an hour, floating the bag and adding tank water every few minutes. I didn't really do anything special in the way of introducing them. I just sort of scooped them into the tank. This morning they are hanging out together on the sand in the front corner of the tank. One of them was going at the other one a little bit, biting its fins. And the one being "attacked" didn't do anything in return. It would just swim out of the way, and go right back to the dominant one. Now they are still hanging out together side by side, and I haven't seen any attacking in the past few hours. I could be way off base here, but if they were going to really fight, they wouldn't just do it half way would they? They would really go at it if they couldn't get along right?[/code]

I also recently got a couple twin spot goby's but I got them at separate times since I didnt realize they were together in the same small fish tank at the LFS. I actually bought one on a thursday realized what I had done in possibly splitting them up and went back for the other one on monday hoping they were a mated pair. I introduced the newcomer in a ziplock bag with some sand in the bottom to make sure they would not fight at all. The other one came over but didnt try to bite or anything. So I let the newcomer join his mate but they spent the next day and a half apart. I was very puzzled. THe first night one of the gobys was swimming around the top. So now here it is two days later and they seem to be spending more and more time closer and closer together.
That being said. I wouldnt make any assumptions yet about them not getting along. Hopefully they will get used to their new surrounding and start hanging out like they used to:)

Well, I guess all they needed was time because now they are in looove. These are quite possibly the cutest fish I have ever seen. They are working on digging a hole together, well really its a pit. And they are swimming all over each other and resting their bodys together. My male clownfish though keeps going over and terrorizing them. He is being a pain :?

Back
Top Bottom