Ugh, do you see what I see?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefrunner69

Aquarium Advice Addict
DSCN5136.jpg

DSCN51362.jpg

These are on several of my acros, including the ones with no purple on them. Anyone know the latest word? Good articles?

Ugh, Kevin - no fun!

Here's a *snake oil* (magic cure, maybe?) that seems to be working for some sps folks...

>>Bio Coral / Coralline Amino Acid by Salifert (Marine Depot link)<<

And a couple lengthy threads for ya ...

>>Bio-Coral Results<< ~ RC

>>Red Bug Success<< ~ RC

Here's a good article by Greg Hiller: >>AN AQUARIST'S EXPERIENCES WITH A SPECIES OF ACROPORA PARASITES<< ~ Advanced Aquarist Online magazine.

And a huge thread sharing experiences...

>>Red bugs on your sps? Share your exp.<< ~RC

Keep us posted!

Thanks Teri, I'm pretty upset, I'm gonna try the snake oil, figure it won't hurt anything one way or the other, and if I can't get rid of them....well, I guess I'll be looking for more frags in the spring :(

I haven't had any luck eliminating them yet, but I have gotten them under control (hopefully :D ). I dipped what frags and colonies I could in seachem reefdip (approx. 4 times the normal dose) for 10-15 minutes and increased overall water motion in the tank. Their numbers have dwindled, and the colonies don't appear to be worse for wear; all are exhibiting good color and polyp extension and great growth rates. I remember the sinking feeling I had when I first discovered them, and I would definitely prefer not to have them. I don't think they are the end of the world though :D Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom