UNCURED Branch live rock...good??bad??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The die off is a disadvantage...leads to ammonia spikes. If you have a new tank (wouldn't have to dose as much ammonia)...it would be an advantage.

yes but even cured live rock is "suggested" to do more curing before its placed into established tank.

Any idea what might be the curing time lines for uncured live rock??

From what I've read it can take any where from 4 to 6 weeks for uncured and 1 week for cured.

How big is your tank, and is it already cycled? I added about 40 lbs of uncured base rock into my established 125g tank. Tested every few days for a few weeks...didn't notice any spikes. Fish and coral were fine.

It's most likely safe to say adding dry base rock would be the best for a already cycled tank.

Yes, it eliminates having any die off. I think a few pieces of live rock can be added without difficulty, but rinse it really well first. It is amazing how much biological activity can be in a piece of rock.

How big is your tank, and is it already cycled? I added about 40 lbs of uncured base rock into my established 125g tank. Tested every few days for a few weeks...didn't notice any spikes. Fish and coral were fine.

its a 40b and it just finished cycling last week with about 40lbs of dry reef rock. Now i want to take some dry rock out and add about 20lbs fiji branch LR. As of right now i have a benngai cardinal, emerald crab and a small CUC in there.

Back
Top Bottom