Underwater Glue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Z

zacdl

Well my dumb snails keep knocking my corals off the rocks (they are inside shells) and turning them over.

I used super glue for to glue the frags to the rocks. But as for the oystershells to the rocks I think I would need a big blob of super glue and didnt want to try it because #1 It might harm the fish using that much and #2 it might wash away easier.

Now what should I use to glue some of these down??

Can I find that at Walmart or do I have to order it?

I dont think wal-mart will have it they may but unlikely. Do you have a LFS near by? because it seems as if they all carry it, or something similar.

I called and asked. They said they have something like that but I never heard of it before. It was $18!!!

Was hoping there was something else out there that I could get at Walmart or something like that.

Yea price is a little steap but it will last forever, I only used like 1/8 and I glued down 8 frags. Oh yea + a lot of mess ups :roll:

I ordered the epoxy from Big Al's. I think I only paid $8.00 or so for it. I believe it is very similar to CA based superglues. It requires moisture to "kick" just like superglue.

It seems to work well, but wear gloves when working with it. Prolonged use among hobbiests of CA glues are being linked to some fairly severe allergies to the stuff.

I dont think I will be using it very much Ive just gotta 3 shells I need to glue down.

Back
Top Bottom