Unexpected sickness/deaths? Need help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jake337

Aquarium Advice FINatic
About a month ago my Foxface died. I never found out what the reason was. No cloudy eyes, spots, or parasites hanging on. He would hang at the bottom of the tank and not eat for like a week and a half. Now I've been noticing my chromis acting the exact same way!! I have no clue what the problem could be. Im 100% sure the water quality could not be the issue. If it was why wouldn't the other fish (2 other chromis and 2 clowns) act the same? He hasn't eaten for about a week now. The only thing I could think of that may have caused this problem is feeding them real garlic with their food. I wouldn't put the garlic away and just leave it in the cup, then the next day I would use the same garlic to soak the food in. Im afraid that if I buy another fish it will act the same, therefore I haven't bought anything for the past month now. Please any considerations or opinions are welcomed. Thanks!

Nope all peaceful. Im pretty sure it has to be something internal but not sure what. The fish kinda just acts like a dummy.

Hey guys, i have been telling my buddy jake that he needs to buy a test kit or AT LEAST test his water ever since his bicolor angel died 2 months ago. Now, i his water MAY be fine, but how the heck can you be 100 percent its fine if you have never tested it?!?

He is so stubbern he wont listen to me, so i need a few of you knowledgable members here to agree with me so jake will finally test his water. :flowers:

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Hey guys, i have been telling my buddy jake that he needs to buy a test kit or AT LEAST test his water ever since his bicolor angel died 2 months ago. Now, i his water MAY be fine, but how the heck can you be 100 percent its fine if you have never tested it?!?

He is so stubbern he wont listen to me, so i need a few of you knowledgable members here to agree with me so jake will finally test his water. :flowers:

Lol jack. Ammonia/Nitrite would have killed all my fish already if that was the issue. But I promise you it will get tested and you'll b the first to know.

200 gallon reef said:
What do u mean by internal?

I'm pretty sure something internally inside him is wrong. Same thing happened to my fox. I don't even think it could be parasites.. I'm just really confused what may be causing this "lazy" or "no appetite" in the fish.

Jake my friend
TEST YOUR WATER!!!!

S
pend $30. on a test kit it's cheaper than all the fish you are loosing

Jake, it is really important to test the params at least once a week. The reason y is because the more consistent everything is, the more everything flourishes. Salinity, temp, nitrates, ammonia, etc all of it effects growth and health. I do a water change every week and I still test the params every week.

See jake? Im not psycho. How often do you di water changes? Once a month? And you never test your water! Cmon man!

so if you don't test how often do you do water changes? whats your routeen? how big is your tank and whats in it? lets see a picture of the whole set up...

Animal-Chin said:
so if you don't test how often do you do water changes? whats your routeen? how big is your tank and whats in it? lets see a picture of the whole set up...

Only 3 chromis and a pair of clowns

high nitrates will make your fish act stupid

REPEAT AFTER ME >>>>>>>

I WILL TEST MY WATER !!!!

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Lol what happened to the scape i loved?!

Lol I dont have a picture of my new scape, it's on my phone.

54seaweed said:
high nitrates will make your fish act stupid

REPEAT AFTER ME >>>>>>>

I WILL TEST MY WATER !!!!

Ehhhh. Maybe. Haha yes I will. But if I tested and everything is stable....what then??

I'm religious on testing the same time every day I do it and keep a log
water change every week
ect ect

I do this so I know when a issue started and it helps figure out whats happening and makes it easier to see what changed and it makes life easier to correct!!!

img_2140238_0_72916dee1dff98209dad1f5d1b453afb.jpg

I list all my parameters,
what maintenance I did,
what I fed them and how much
what I fed coral and how much
what I added if anything fish coral ect
I also have a log book that I bring to pet store when I have them do my weekly double check tests(y)
It works

Back
Top Bottom