"Unique" Fish Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrc8858

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I'm ready for my last fish for my mixed reef tank ( 46 gallon bowfront/20L sump/fuge with 2 zebra barred datfish, 1 rainford's goby, and a green mandarin.) Been running for almost a year now and would like to add my final fish to it and just can't decide so I'm looking to you guys for some "unique" fish ideas :)

I've got a clown fish tank and I said from day one every reef tank got a clownfish but mine won't lol.. if I had a larger tank and more options I would but they aren't very high up on the list for me I want fish that aren't normally seen hence "unique" lol

Ya I wanted one but the shrimp won that battle. Got 3 skunk cleaners few snails assortment of HCs plus a ruby and emerald crab

I should probably add that a fish in the top half of the water coloumn would be preferred too

I vote for a flasher wrasse. Beautiful fish in my opinion ( especially the Carpenter and McCosker). They are prone to jumping though.
I haven't seen any in a while, but black capped basslets are somewhat unusual by virtue of their uncommon-ness.
Final vote goes to a cardinal fish. There are lots of species out there, and I'm sure you could find one not everyone has seen. They are pretty hardy once established and eating.

The wrasse has been the front runner so far for me but I've also been dying to get a yasha haze goby/shrimp pair..to many options not enough tank haha

The wrasse has been the front runner so far for me but I've also been dying to get a yasha haze goby/shrimp pair..to many options not enough tank haha

The Yasha goby will stay pretty much at the bottom though, and you wanted something for the upper part of the water column.

If you can find one, I also had a 4-line (or 12 line, depending on who you're talking to) that was sold to me as a "Hawaiian Six-Line Wrasse." (Also prone to jumping.) They have the same body shape as a six-line (maybe proportionally a little longer), but with green, purple, and blue colors. (The purple is mostly in the fins.) This is a picture of mine. He swam fast, so I never got a really clear shot:

41906-albums1989-picture36944.jpg

They tend to be a little pricey. I've seen them on price lists (but out of stock) for about $70. I got lucky and picked mine up at Petco for $40. I am continuing the search to replace mine.

I'd get a Marine Betta but idk if your tank is big enough.

I love my marine betta. She hides alot, but when she swims out of her hiding spot and swims in front of the glass its a real treat... You should get kne :)

That's the main fish I wanted but I heard it'll eat shrimp and I have small fish. He won't eat them?

If you think it'll go fine with my existing stock then I'm gonna get me one :)

Might just be me but the dottyback just don't have that unique feel but they are very colorful

I think I was looking at the same fish your talking about. Was it a yellow/red basslet for like 4somethin in the diversden lol

Back
Top Bottom